Ref: HR005A - HR Advisor (closes April 2, 2012)
Abcam is a rapidly growing business, specializing in the production and sale of protein detection products. We are a web-based business, with offices in the UK, USA, Japan and Hong Kong.
Our Corporate Services team is now looking for an enthusiastic and customer focused HR Advisor to provide HR expertise in the area of employee relations, learning and development and generalist HR activities. In this role, you will:
Work with managers, assigned teams and employees on people-related issues
- Support managers and teams on recruitment and induction
- Manage employee relations issues and advise managers on company policies and procedures
- Coach and advise managers on team and individual performance issues including engagement
- Manage day-to-day operational HR issues with your assigned teams
- Participate in weekly and monthly HR meetings and keep team members up-to-date to ensure a broad view is kept of Abcamâ€™s global HR strategy.
- Support L&D requirements for Abcam
- Advise and support managers in training needs analysis, provision, design and development of training interventions
- Manage the L&D budget, metrics and reports on a yearly, quarterly and monthly basis
- Manage the communication of L&D activities
- Liaise and become a part of The Learning Collaboration (TLC) network
- Report and coordinate core HR metrics
- Develop communication with employees to provide a friendly, fair and accessible HR service
- Maintain accurate information in the HRIS and assist in any upgrading work as required
- Help develop and participate in strategic projects and initiatives
- Advise and oversee assigned departments performance and salary review cycles
- Work with wider global HR team to review and enhance components of the HR strategy which enforce Abcamâ€™s cultural values and cohesion on a global basis
- Review overall company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with evolving employment legislation
Coordinate Learning and Development (L&D) in line with the HR strategy
Be a proactive member of the Corporate Services team
We are looking for someone that will be a proactive team player with the ability to adapt to fast changing situations and will ensure that Abcamâ€™s values are intrinsic in every part of their role. You will need to be comfortable working with staff and managers at a range of levels and be able to build relationships and good rapport with others. You will be able to and have proven experience of using initiative along with making significant decisions by using your judgement and seeking guidance with confidential issues.
You should have experience of practical HR generalist experience within a fast-paced environment, extensive knowledge of employment law and have a significant track record in delivering HR advice and solving complex ER issues. You will be educated to at least A-level standard or equivalent with a recognised HR qualification (ideally CIPD). You will have a consultative approach, be a keen and creative problem solver and excellent communication, analytical, Excel and Word skills. Weâ€™re looking for someone with a great sense of humour as well as empathy.
Our culture is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. We place great emphasis on knowledge and experience. The working environment is fun but intense, with everybody working together as a team to deliver great service and the best products to our customers.
For more jobs at Abcam, return to current vacancies.